Sunday, 9 October 2016

Task 7 : Title Research

Task 7: Title Research
In this task, we had to pick 3 opening sequences to any coming of age films which we have enjoyed and that have nice opening sequences. I chose Boyhood, Submarine and The Kings Of Summer. We had to screenshot any text within the opening few minutes, state what the information is telling us on screen, think how it engages the audience with different fonts. We also had to look at how the text appeared on screen, for example, did it stay still, or did it move with objects in the background.Then, I looked at the music or sounds which accompanied the text to see if it could give away the narrative, i also recognised where certain names in the credits appeared.

Task 7 from mike tanner

From doing this task, i have learnt that in opening sequences to coming of age films, the film production companies are usually first and at the end comes the titl of the film, usually as the title is the most important thing out of both. I realised that if there are 2 film production companies in one film, the main company comes first. i have also learnt what fonts and sizes are most likely ging to attract the audience and what sounds are going to do so too. the more catchy sounds and pieces of music will grab your attention over a normal pop song. Finally, I learnt that the stars in the film arent actually put in the opening credit list. i did not know this as i though all the peope involve were put in. I think the reason they arent put in at the start is because it can give away the narrative as certain actors only stay in 1 type of movie genre, like Michael Cera is heavily involed in comedy coming of age films like Scott Pilgrim VS The World and Juno. I also think some direcors don want the names of the people involved as they want the audience to just watch the film and not think/ know who is in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment